Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A 70's Girl Hall of Fame


As a follow-on to the last blog post - I'm having far too much fun with my What do my Seventies Teenage Pin-ups Look Like Now research, which has been kicked off by my rather pathetic realisation that we are all getting older and looking our age.

Bear with me whilst I work through this. I also can't promise it's going to end here either. It really is very absorbing. Even funnier, when my Mother-in-law emailed me today after the blog with a 'hands off Sean" mail, which made me laugh out loud.  I'm not quite at the "it's cool to be old" stage yet - but this is all very positive for the wrinkled brow (pre Botox, that is).

The research methodology is simple. Crude, in fact.  I've had a rather fabulous time thinking back on who was on my wall and then typing in their name into Google Images (2011) and then either being horrified or delighted.  I was at High School from 1975 to 1979 (my research parameters) and I prided myself on being a little 'alternative' a la PFP-Surfer-Hippy kind of thing...so definetly no Donny Osmond.

The results - we now see here on the page - are both good for our recently depleted hormones and other idle moments (huh? I wrote that?). Anyway, they all look great and good on them for that.
JOHN MacENROE


ROBERT REDFORD

Just as interesting as who looks good now - is who dosn't. I would post them - but this is a pretty blog - and it's also too depressing. So very quickly, those who didn't make the cut were Bjorn Borg (eeeeek), Jan Michael Vincent (What Happened?!) Tony Alva (you are not Anthony Kiedis, you are a 70's skateboarder) Kenny Roberts (always slightly dodgy) and Jean Claude Killy (looks like a European Commissioner - in fact, worse).

Ayrton Senna is sadly dead, so he still looks good.


BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

DAVID BOWIE


No comments:

Post a Comment