Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make the apron

Pinned Image
The famous apron 'pin'

We have been without Internet access for a few days which was quite interesting. I went cold turkey for the first few days and felt quite anxious about missing anything important but then it soon joined all the other things that I don’t really miss like American TV, over-priced boutiques and Mr Delivery (not to be mistaken for Dudu, Woolies, Waterstones and Burts Bees all of which I miss very much).

I’ve decided that my new year’s resolution after all the usual ones of cutting-down-alcohol-losing-weight-yada-yada, is to spend less time online. I’m still deeply addicted to Pinterest but do recognize it as the ultimate ‘virtual reality’ which encourages procrastination of the worse kind: I’d much rather ‘pin’ a gorgeous artisanal-looking apron than make the damn thing (even though it goes onto my "To Make" board) which I did end up starting to make this weekend, as I had a lot more time - ha! Funny thing is, is that my 'artisanal apron pin' is by far my post popular repinned- pin (I do realise that I'm speaking double-dutch for some. Please bear with me) which must mean that most people are just like me ie. armchair artisans.

I also love the chattiness of Facebook and all the gossipy goings-ons, but really a couple of times a week is sufficient rather than a couple of times a day (I think I've now seen enough of everyones holiday photos, lovely as they are were and I see the skiing ones are starting now). Anyway let’s see how we go. I'm not promising anything, but ever the quest for squeezing more time out of the day.

We’ve just about recovered from Christmas: The house is back to normal (although I have been allowed to keep The Saint for 2 full days a week now) and we’ve had a small respite in the Bakery for the past couple of weeks. The Family is now ‘expecting’ however and we are preparing for a new member of the Family. Sorry for being so cryptic but we havn’t signed any of the final documents yet, but when we do – we are off on a new adventure and the due date is soon!

Boys are racing this weekend (Copy:Paste) and we are going over to St Thomas to watch them and to do some shopping (for the new arrival) which is exciting as we’ve not been able to support them up until now.

January is deepest ‘Mid-Winter’ here in the islands and last week was blissfully cool – bordering on chilly, in fact. On Saturday night I was in leggings, a long sleeved TShirt and my fluffy lambskin slippers which I’d not worn since 2010. GracieBoyCat immediately attacked them (one of the disadvantages of being blind and horny) as he thought they might finally be his Teenage Sweetheart. They are now looking a little worse for wear, but I did enjoy flopping around feeling all Winterish, sleeping under blankets, watching movies in bed and making casseroles for supper. Amazing how the small things in life make one happy. Slippers, how sad.

PS When silly old Blogger is working properly again I'll post a picture of the said apron. Bet you can't wait. Shall I post one of the slippers, too? Life must be slowing down here in the islands, although it dosn't feel like it on the ground















No comments:

Post a Comment