Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another day

I feel a bit like the kid in the background
I'm going to spare you yet more birthday parties, beach outings, sailing expeditions to Sandy Spit (George) and whingeing on about howmuch there is to do.

Since that's what we did for most of the week, there's not much else to write about.

The christmas tree has already gone up and we trawled off to 'Christmas on Main Street ' last night which is a cross between  going to see the lights in Regent Street and a large Christmas jumble sale - but nicer. Casting aside all the 'Made in China' stalls, there were gems of local produce (soursop ice cream, guavaberry liquer and tamarind paste for example) and some delightful crafts, beautiful straw hats from Jamaica, lots of fried chicken and henna tattoos. As you all know, shopping here is a challenge. We have also set ourselves the task of getting most of our christmas presents 'on-island' - so luckily I did see a few things last night. We also went to visit Jane who was having her first exhibition. Jane paints images of Caribbean life and I love her 'Festival Angels' series.

Jane Clatworthy
I'm feeling a bit flat post-trip and also with starting up the family business, which has to happen in the afternoons, at night and early mornings. We are doing a small range of goodies like Stollen, biscuits and rubs which we are selling by order. I'm also meant to be finishing off the website today but am feeling too tired to have the patience to fiddle around with photos of biscuits and tinsel. It's also about as wintery as it gets here - rainy, gray and cooler - so the kids are indoors driving me nuts.

I'm off to have tea with a friend and hopefully my mood will improve for a chattier blog next time.

1 comment:

  1. alex's face has had me in stiches - or maybe that is the gin...

    ReplyDelete