Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Fact Sheet

Tired Boss, Dog, Child

Sometimes I struggle to throw a blog together. So tonight (Sunday) as I'm feeling so tired, crabby and otherwise, I've decided to just make a list of everything that's happened in the past week. Bit like the last blog really:
  1. Monday: The Boys did wonderful things with Kathy, like build forts.
  2. Monday: the Plumber arrived at the Bakery. We all got very excited thinking that he would connect the water after FOUR MONTHS OF WAITING but after about 5 minutes he left, saying he needed "earth moving equipment" and never re-appeared for the rest of the week.
  3. Tuesday: Kathy is fantastic: The Boys are having a ball. Summer continues.
  4. Also on Tuesday: The Gas Man arrived  at the Bakery, but since we are missing electricity (the Electrician was there on & off, mainly off) and a concrete slab, he just plonked his exceptionally large gas tank with Medusa-like connections down and that was it. So w now  have gas, But we don't.
  5. What happened on Wednesday? Please remind me. I think we cooked until about 2:30am in the morning or something silly like that.
  6. Thursday morning: I was so tired I could weep as I still had to get up at 5am.
  7. Thursday Night: We did the Maples 'Summer Party' at Old Government House. Hectic beyond words. 137 pax.  It was a very ambitious menu, but we all got to live another day. I was on the Pass, so think menopausal Gordon Ramsay.  
  8. On Friday, I was so tired  I felt my age.
  9. Friday: We took Kathy & the kids to Bananakeet  for sundowners and supper. It was a very pleasant evening,
  10. Friday night: We slept like the dead.
  11. Saturday. Did as little as possible. Read my Kindle and tidied the kitchen
  12. Sunday: Spot of Spiritual Duty for some. Others stayed in bed and read the New York Times on their Kindles. Then the same person cooked until she dropped. And then we all went off to Wells Bay for lunch and a swim.
  13. Sunday: Of course we came home and watched the final day of the Tour de France. Nothing more exhilarating watching cool dudes in Lycra whizzing down the Champs Elysee's. I actually perked up. 
  14. So did Bradley Wiggins. God Bless Sky. As he had won, we had to share a bottle of Chablis in the Colonies. Also Ernie Els won the Open. Another half bottle. And the Cricket.
  15. OMG the Olympics start on Friday.
  16. Business may suffer for the next month.
  17. As may I.

No comments:

Post a Comment