Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jubilee Weekend


Sahara Dust Sunset. Photo by Jane Clatworthy. Similar view to ours.
We have this weird Sahara Dust haze at the moment, which looks like mist but is in fact dust which has blown all the way over the Atlantic. I'm not that impressed as I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning the bloody house.



A person can get used to all these lovely 4-day weeks! Along with the rest of the Empire, we have tomorrow (Monday) as a holiday for the Queen's 60th Jubilee celebrations. In honour of this, we dressed our long-suffering children up as their royal namesakes on Friday (see previous blog) and had a lot of fun doing this. I think most of the time we're just justifying why we bought tons of crap all the way from Africa, but we have a surprising use for most things (when we can find it, that is). Tyler did the crown out of pipe cleaners, felt, foil and stick-on jewels. William wants to wear it all the time but we have to keep telling him he's only a Prince and can't wear a crown yet.

This week we've been busy, busy, busy. We're thinking, eating and sleeping b****y, end-of-school year, work and for me - writing. I'm starting on a synopsis and am mapping out my columns. Most of the time I'm actually pinning, so when you see a 100 new pins, that's me 'doing research'. 

James & Georgie have been sailing for 2 days so we don't see them until supper time and today we are unpacking the very last of our boxes (apart from the books) which has only taken us 3 months. All in all, I would say our move would have taken us 2 years. I'm only really starting to settle down now and I think we finally have some rhythm and routine again. It's been a long-haul.

We must be just about be the only people on the planet today (Sunday) who are either not watching the whole River Parade on BBC or swimminh up at the North Sound (if you live here). We'll relax a bit tomorrow with various picnics and other celebrations on the go and wave the flag a bit.

Georgie sailing Lazers this weekend. Photo by Brian Duff


No comments:

Post a Comment