Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Simple Life is Hard Work

Just to make things more fun, Tyler fell off his scooter bike yesterday and is now known as the "Limping Chef'.  Lots of 'owieees' and a badly dented rented bike, ups the anti just a little bit more.

I thought I would post my shopping list from  yesterday.  Hyde Park, it is not:
  1. Large roll non-stick gauze
  2. 1 hospital size pack of clinical gauze
  3. 5 boxes antiseptic cream
  4. 5 rolls Micropore
  5. 20 pound sack chicken feed
  6. 3 yards shade cloth (for veg patch)
  7. 10 pots (couldn't help myself because was at the garden centre anyway) unidentified pretty flowering plants
  8. 3 Bottles of cheap South African wine (to keep me happy)
  9. 6 X Heineken
  10. 6 X O'Douls (to keep Tyler happy)
  11. 1 box Orea 'Funstix; (to keep boys happy)
  12. 1 gallon Clorox (bleach) to keep cleaner happy. Her nickname is The Chlorox Queen, as she bleaches everything in sight
The rest of the weekend was spent applying all these things so at least the house is clean, the clothes are washed, we've had enough of a social drinks out  in the dying hours of Sunday evening for me not to feel too martyrish. I think I'm going to have to moonlight in the office this week, I have so much to do by Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. oh dear - love to Tyler, it may be hard work but it looks very beautiful xox

    ReplyDelete