Sunday, January 9, 2011

New year, Old lives

Judging by the number of emails I'm starting to receive again, everyone is getting into the new year. It's lovely to hear from everyone again.

Not sure if it's all the endless unpacking that is causing some cosmic disturbance, the 24/7 single-parenting, the mind-numbing repetiveness of domestic drudgery, the fact that we have only had one car for the past 3 weeks (as mine has a BURNT OUT CLUTCH - so no surprise there) and our garage appears to be scouring the world for a part via the internet, blah de blah de blah.

Anyhow I've started off the year a bit blue, which is a good thing I suppose, as things can only really go up from here.

I'm missing big things & small:  ironed sheets, old friends, long driveways, sports in the afternoons, laughing about obscurities, the cosiness of familiarity

In this new year, I'm feeling slightly daunted by everything new. The island bit is not so difficult ( turquoise sea with bad roads) but the rest is. 

By next year, everything will not be so very new new new.  So here's looking at everything old - good or bad.  I'm saying Happy Old year and Brave New year to all of you! 

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel - it's not easy stuff. Much love xox P

    ReplyDelete