Monday, October 4, 2010

Missing

We are all  missing friends, family (and Woolworths). Not sure what it is about the One Month In Thing, just know it is biting deep. Has also been kicked up a notch with me sending out our new contact details, and the respondent lovely emails, all of which are so appreciated, and make us smile and whimper at the same time.

Here's what I'm really missing, right now, bar the above:

1. 5FM/Classic FM

I cannot abide the crappy radio stations here and since we cannot seem to get the new CD to work (Error 6) I switch relentlessly between Sunny FM (Peter Gabriel/Cold Play/Fleetstone Mac - O.M.G)  BVI Radio (ads and reggae) or St T Rock Station - which plays a lot of Van Halen  (I thougt they were dead). I am about to implode on the music radio front. We spend a lot of time driving here and so I need lots of (1) calming music and (2) motivational stuff to get up all the hills.

2. Dudu

Tyler finally had to swing the mop today and tackle a hell-load of washing/cleaning/dusting - as this place was going feral. I so miss Dudu. I know I'm being a pathetic White SA madam. But I am. My house is always dirty now, and we live in perpetual squalor. We do try, but I get a bit bored by it all. Do Domestic Goddesses actually do housework, or do they just pretend and then go off quietly and get a Fillipino? I'm confused.

3. Emails

This has to be said, but I was expecting more. Very few people write and my mind-reading skills seem to have watered down now that I am a few oceans away from SA (ie you may think that I know that you are OK, but I actually don't).  Please stay in touch!

4.  Jeans

We live in shorts/vests/very little/nothing. It is so hot you dont even want to think about clothes. Make-up melts off your face.  I'd happily  totter around in a bikini if I could, but aesthetics and taste rules out. My wardrobe is very short on both shorts and vests, so I need to shop in whatever the place it is that stylish Caribbean girls go to shop to look goodish in nothing (but without the bling, which is very big here).

5 Daily newspapers

As much as I love the internet, I could do with a daily newspaper. But to be perfectly frank, I've been missing those for the past 12 years, so nothing new really...

This place is amazing. You have lots of time to do nothing. I need to solve this riddle.

1 comment:

  1. Re. 2) We live in squaller until visitors come. I have managed to find a lovely young student who helps me out every two weeks (!!)...but I do miss Khosi.

    ReplyDelete